Thinking of summer, summer time means many things to many different people. But for me, it means camp time! I have spent most of my summers up on the North Shore of Nova Scotia at Malagash Bible Camp. I will be there again this summer as the summer staff leader and I am pretty stoked about it!
A few years back, in 2009 we (malagash) partnered with a local Sunday-school street ministry called G-ROC that goes from community to community in a van sharing games and stories, songs and so much more with kids in the marginalised areas of the Halifax region.
A few of us got together after the first summer with our G-ROC kids, and we decided that we wanted to provide a greater opportunity for kids to be able to attend camp, when they may not be able to afford to do so. We had the privilege of having Audrey Assad and Jon Bryant come and join us back in 2010 to put on our very first Kids to Camp concert. It was a huge success! Since that first event, we have raised funds to send nearly 400 children to camp! Which is incredible!!!
Over the past two years we have tried to get more musical talent out to join in the supports for Kids to Camp, however things just never completely materialized--yet we still were able to provide funds for hundreds of children to come to camp!
A few months ago we were contacted by Audrey to see if we would want her to come and put on another show for Kids to Camp! Of course we said yes, soooo I am so excited to say that next Thursday, the 21st of March at 7:30 we are having another Audrey Assad concert. We are so lucky to have the connections that we do to have friends with such musical talent here in the Maritimes, I love it!
So if you are in the neighborhood, come and join us! Look up Audreys music, and even check out camp! Maybe you'll want to spend a week on the sunny Northern Nova Scotian shores this summer, WHILE listening to great music!
I hope you are enjoying your longer days! Summer is juuuuust around the corner!
No comments:
Post a Comment