I decided to start off my blog today with a photo of my foot...in Birkenstocks (my fav footwear) and a beach...because right now, I am day dreaming of a day at the beach!!
For the month of February I will be house sitting for friends, and I will be looking after their pooch Pippin--while they soak up the sun on the beaches of Hawaii. So to keep me contented--I will look at photos of beaches, and think of my birkenstocks with bare feet...rather than layers of wool socks within the leather bindings of the sandal.
I am quite excited about this month in their house! it is like a little mini vacation of my own! Some people are afraid of being in big old houses all alone...but I love the idea of it! My house is so busy all the time it is nice to have a little escape--to a quiet place. Now, dont get me wrong, I love love love my house--and all its hustle and bustle, but I think for the next little while I'm going to enjoy the silence and stillness of an empty house. By the time I move back home I am sure I'll be ready for a quicker style of life.
In a few weeks (after midterms) I will have my reading week...and I am happy to say I have booked that time off work! I don't have anything planned for the week other than chilling out at home, walking Pippin (the dog who lives in this house) and reading novels, staying inside for a whole day without rushing out...and just becoming a couch potato. Over the Christmas break I spent every day at work since Christmas is THE busiest time of the year--so I didn't really have a break at all, and I think I'm feeling that majorly right now. SO a break for this chica is needed! I am excited!
I am currently procrastinating from doing spanish home work, so I should get back to it... I hope you have a good day wherever in the world you are!! I would love to hear what your ideal week of would be!
much love. a settled feather.
alli.
You took this picture back in England, right? I just looked through your pictures today and I believe i saw it.
ReplyDeleteI miss you so much, gooorgeous :)
-caro